https://i0.wp.com/www.traversecityfilmfest.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/19981110220_1da0b0e49d_o.jpg?fit=1500%2C1000&ssl=1 1000 1500 TCFF https://www.traversecityfilmfest.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/2022-logo.png TCFF2016-07-26 03:53:442017-06-06 16:30:57Less Than 24 Hours to Go - 24 Facts You Need to Know!
Less Than 24 Hours to Go – 24 Facts You Need to Know!
TCFF 2016 is less than 24 hours away! Here are 24 things you should know before heading into this year’s festival.
- Norte! Bike Valet – Brand new for 2016, please take advantage of our bike-friendly city with the FREE bike valet, courtesy of Norte! Bike valet parking, running throughout the festival, is available in Clinch Park next to the Bijou by the Bay.
- Festival Loop – Park all day and night with no cost, because the festival offers a FREE shuttle service to all filmgoers. The loop stops at each movie theater, the free festival parking lots as well as downtown parking decks.
- New Media at The Woz – Experience the future of storytelling at the hands-on interactive gallery The Woz, at a new location this year at the Hotel Indigo. We’ve partnered with Michigan State University to bring you transmedia projects that go beyond traditional screens. Check it out for FREE!
- Walk of Fame – You don’t have to go all the way to Hollywood to see the handprints of the stars. Check out our Walk of Fame, which we have in Downtown Traverse City! Head outside the State Theatre to walk in the footsteps of the celebrities that have come across that berth.
- Pokemon GO to the movies – For all of the Pokemon trainers out there – you know who you are – we have the perfect spots to help you catch ‘em all. With 14 poke stops and 11 gyms, check out our guide here.
- Standby Line/Vouchers – Nothing is ever sold out at TCFF! A standby ticket line forms one hour before each show, for the opportunity to purchase tickets to the screening. Patrons with vouchers can go to the front of the standby line, and anyone can purchase them – they don’t expire until the end of next year!
- Cinema(n) – Did you know that only a small fraction of Hollywood movies are made by women? This year, ALL of our Official Selections (US) for fiction and documentary are directed or – co-directed by women. Pretty cool, right?
- Centerpiece Screening – Tickets are still available to “Tony Robbins: I Am Not Your Guru.” Watch a movie from acclaimed filmmaker Joe Berlinger (“Paradise Lost” trilogy) that explores the man behind the myth of Tony Robbins, famous self-help infomercial personality. And meet the director, as well as Tony Robbins, at the Friday screening!
- Michigan Made – Take a journey through recent history and explore Judge Keith in “Walk with Me: The Trials of Damon J. Keith” From his start as a Detroit-born janitor to his role as the Honorable Judge Keith, this legend has lived a tumultuous and important 94 years through the civil rights movement and beyond.
- Animal Lovers – No animal lover should miss “The Champions,” the little-known story of what happened to the dogs in NFL-star Michael Vick’s dogfighting ring, and the effect that kind-hearted humans can have on a pup that is looking for a second chance. We’ll have the director of the film in person, as well as a very special subject — rescue dog Cherry!
- Become a Friend — Becoming a Friend of the Film Festival offers you some fantastic perks. Early access to tickets special screenings, and more! Become a Friend for 2017 before Sunday, July 31 and be entered to win a pass to next year’s fest!
- Kid’s Fest – Going to the movies can be a family affair! Check out our Kid’s Fest at Lars Hockstad Auditorium where kids movies are only $1! And don’t forget to head to the FREE Lawn Party after the screening!
- The Doug Benson Movie Interruptions – Who says that you can’t talk at the movies? Doug Benson’s Movie Interruptions will have you laughing until you cry as he gives his two cents on “Kisses for My President” and “Bloodsport.”
- Read the TCFF Blog – Don’t forget to check out TCFF’s daily news for the lowdown on what’s going on around the festival. Read interviews with filmmakers, breaking events, and so much more!
- Volunteer! – We LOVE our volunteers, so hang out with the best at our venues or parties! You’ll get an awesome tshirt, the chance to help out one of the coolest film festivals around, and if you volunteer late night, you get vouchers for swag. How can you beat that?
- The Sidebar: Food on Film – Watch a mouthwatering documentary, sample a bite inspired by the film, and hear from top chef’s — including the legendary Jeremiah Tower of “Jeremiah Tower: The Last Maginficent.” Seriously, where can I sign up?
- Parties – Parties galore, there are so many to check out it’ll make your head spin! Check out the Opening Night party on Tuesday, The Woz party on Wednesday (FREE!), Filmmaker Party on Saturday, and the Closing Night Bash on Sunday (FREE!).
- Centennial – It’s the celebration of the State Theatre’s 100th birthday! We’ve decided to pair one of the greatest movie theaters in all the land with a special screening of one of the greatest movies of all time, “Citizen Kane,” — with Orson Welles’ own daughter, Beatrice Welles in person.
- Open Space – No tickets needed. 65′ screen on the Grand Traverse Bay near Clinch Park. “Pitch Perfect.” “Wayne’s World.” “Adam’s Rib.” “Shrek.” “Jurassic World.” “Frozen.” FREE. Need we say more? How about that all the Open Space films this year were directed and/or written by women!
- Panels – Check out the FREE panels TCFF has to offer. From The Comedy Panel to Film Under Trump, there’s something for everyone!
- Film School – We have a great lineup of film experts teaching classes for filmgoers of all ages to experience at the festival! Test your acting chops in class, learn how to pitch a movie idea that’s been on your mind, or hear about music in film at our Film School this year.
- TCFF Music – Come out and enjoy some pre-show music before film screenings, courtesy of our talented group of volunteer musicians who have vowed to entertain our audiences!
- Cinema Salon – Watching a movie is great, but talking to audience members about your shared experience is even better! Chat with folks after the show to share your takeaway about the film.
- WE COULD NOT DO THIS WITHOUT YOU – We say it a lot, you hear it a lot, and it’s the truth! Without our dedicated volunteers, our generous sponsors, and an audience as curious and passionate as we are about film, this festival would not exist. So thank you, thank you, and thank you again. Please enjoy the 2016 Traverse City Film Festival!