The Traverse City Film Festival is seeking a volunteer coordinator to help us manage the 100s of incredible volunteers who come together each summer to create a six-day community-wide celebration of “just great movies” in the most beautiful place on earth. In this volunteer position, you’ll work closely with what is simply the very best team around and get to know the amazing volunteers from around the area and around the world who make this all possible.
- Sending out mass communications to volunteers regarding upcoming events and shift signup/availability
- Responding to volunteer email inquiries with the assistance of an office intern
- Helping fill assistant manager shifts festival wide by coordinating with people who respond to our ads/notices/open houses and matching them up with venues and other festival areas
- Finding volunteers with special skills needed for various festival positions
- Keeping an eye on how shifts are filling up and helping devise strategies for filling holes in the schedule
- Working credentialing and encouraging people to signup for more shifts
- During the festival, serving as our volunteer “command center” — stay in communication with venue managers and fill holes with “floater” volunteers where needed
- Helping plan an exciting volunteer party and devising ways to thank and recognize our volunteers for their outstanding contributions.
You can learn more about the critical and rewarding role volunteer managers play within the festival and other leadership opportunities here.
If responsibility, organization, great social skills, fantastic communication, a sense of adventure, a commitment to your community, a passion for cinema, and having fun are your middle names, we would love to chat with you about serving as our volunteer coordinator for this exciting milestone year.
By helping us create a meaningful event for the community, we can promise you a truly unforgettable experience.
If you have time available this summer in advance of the festival and are interested in the volunteer coordinator position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 231-392-1134.