Located on the striking shores of Grand Traverse Bay, 250 miles north of Detroit and 100 miles south of the Mackinac Bridge, Traverse City is without a doubt one of the most beautiful and unique resort regions in the United States.
Relatively far from the maddening crowd, the Traverse City Film Festival’s home is a medium-sized city with the heart of a small town and a charm all its own. The Boardman River runs through it, and empties into Lake Michigan’s Grand Traverse Bay within the city limits.
Traverse City offers gourmet restaurants, boating, beaches, and the magnificent Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Voted Good Morning America’s Most Beautiful Place in America. It’s a wonderful place to visit, and the festival is held at the best time of year.
Plan your trip to the Grand Traverse region using the MyNorth Vacation Guide to Traverse City, an interactive online magazine produced by the staff at Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine. Or take a Video Vacation to Traverse City on MyNorth.com right now.
Check out the digital edition of MyNorth Filmgoer, your guide to out and about at the Traverse City Film Festival.
Visit the Traverse City Convention and Visitors Bureau web site for complete information about visiting the Traverse City region.
Traverse City is the place to be! But don’t take our word for it. The home of the TCFF has recently received the following accolades:
- Voted “Greatest Midwest Town” by Midwest Living
- America’s Coolest Small Towns — Jetsetter
- 21 Nicest Small Towns Everyone Should Visit — Reader’s Digest
- Best Summer Trips — National Geographic
- America’s Top 10 Wine Destinations — TripAdvisor.com
- America’s Best Beach Towns — AOL Travel
- Best Midwest Food Towns — Midwest Living
- Voted one of “The 12 Cutest Small Towns in America” — Purewow.com
- The Most Beautiful Towns in America — Condé Nast Traveler
- Up and Coming Food City — Condé Nast Traveler
- #11 in Top 100 Best Small Towns — Livability.com
- 21 of the Best Small Towns in America — Architectural Digest
- Top 25 Places to Retire — Forbes Magazine
- 20 Best Small Towns to Visit— Smithsonian Magazine
- America’s Foodiest Cities — People Magazine
- 6 Hot Food Destinations to Visit This Summer — ZAGAT.com
- America’s Best Beer Towns — CNN Money
- 14 Best Beach Towns in America — Thrillist.com
Read more of Traverse City’s numerous accolades and discover all the region has to offer—when you’re not watching films—here.
Traverse City is located in the northwest corner of Michigan’s lower peninsula in the resort region on Grand Traverse Bay. Click here for a map of Traverse City.
Delta, American, and United provide flights into Traverse City’s Cherry Capital Airport (TVC, 231-947-2250). The airport is 2.5 miles from downtown. All major car rental agencies provide service at the airport.
250 miles from Detroit
150 miles from Grand Rapids
180 miles from Lansing
182 miles from Flint
305 miles from Chicago
403 miles from Cleveland
891 miles from New York City
Downtown parking at the Larry C. Hardy or Old Town parking decks