- State Theatre Fire and Safety Plan
- State Theatre Volunteer Instructions for Alarms
- State Theatre Floor Plan
- Lars Hockstad Fire and Safety Plan
- City Opera House Fire and Safety Plan
- City Opera House Floor Plan
- Milliken Auditorium Floor Plan
- Old Town Playhouse Floor Plan
For ALL emergencies dial 911. Then contact your direct Manager, who will contact Mother”, which is the festival communications system. Mother will contact the appropriate parties.
State Theatre Fire and Safety Plan
If you become aware of a fire emergency, follow the R-A-C-E plan:
*Rescue/Remove person(s) not involved in fighting a fire from the immediate fire scene
*Alert others by activating the nearest alarm or calling 911
*Confine the fire and smoke by closing all doors in the area
*Extinguish a small fire (no larger than a wastebasket size), with a portable fire extinguisher. Begin the building Evacuation according to the printed Alarm Procedures. See House Manager for guidance
ASSEMBLY: Following any evacuation, patrons, volunteers and employees are asked to gather on the south side of Front Street, in the walkway just west of the Chase Bank.
FIRE HYDRANT: Located along Front Street, approximately 50 feet east of the theatre.
FIRE DEPARTMENT VEHICLE ACCESS: Primary access is at the yellow curb, directly in front of the theatre. Secondary access will be in the alley at the rear of the theatre.
- Balcony: Located at either end of the balcony, and highlighted with red “EXIT’ signs.
- Main Floor: Located at all 4 corners of the main floor of the theatre, and highlighted with red “EXIT” signs.
- Basement: Basement storage exit is up the stairs and through the front door.
- Green Room and rear basement exit is through the Green Room, highlighted with a red “EXIT” sign.
ACCESSIBLE EGRESS: Through the exits at the FRONT of the theatre.
PORTABLE FIRE EXTINGUISHER LOCATIONS: Attached
OCCUPANT USE HOSE STATIONS: Not available
FIRE ALARM CONTROLS: Located in the concessions area, immediately to the left of the concession entrance door
State Theatre Volunteer Instructions for Alarms
- MAINTAIN ORDER AND CALM IN THE THEATER: At least 2 and hopefully 6 ushers can quickly go to all exit areas to reassure patrons and assist with exiting
- PROJECTION SHOULD BE MAKING ANNOUNCEMENTS. If they are not, please inform patrons to exit calmly and quietly through any of the designated exits, and that we will inform them as soon as possible if it is a false alarm
- Ensure that the FIRE ROUTE IS CLEAR AND UNOBSTRUCTED
- END ALL SALES: Shut the drawers and log off the computer
- MONITOR THE POPCORN MACHINE: Turn the machine off promptly, so that it does not create a secondary problem
- CHECK THE BATHROOMS; make sure that all patrons are informed and able to exit. Assist as needed
- ASSIST THE USHERS; as needed and available
- END ALL TRANSACTIONS: Log off and close all cash drawers
- Secure and take with you the VOLUNTEER SIGN-IN SHEET
- PREVENT PATRONS FROM ENTERING THE BUILDING
- DISTRIBUTE FLASHLIGHTS to ushers
- If necessary ASSIST PATRONS in exiting
- Reassure patrons to exit promptly and calmly
- Direct everyone to assemble across the street in the green space next to the Chase Bank Building
- ASSIST in a CALM and ORDERLY EVACUATION
- Volunteers must report their safety to the manager who will have the check-in sheet
State Theatre Floor Plan
Lars Hockstad Fire and Safety Plan
ASSEMBLY: Following any evacuation, patrons, volunteers and employees are asked to gather on the north side of the building, along Seventh Street
FIRE HYDRANT: Located at all 4 corners where Seventh Street and Eighth Street intersect Pine Street and Wadsworth Street
FIRE DEPARTMENT VEHICLE ACCESS: Primary access is at the yellow curb, along Pine Street, on the east side of the building
EXITS: Located at the right side the balcony, and highlighted with red “EXIT’ signs. Located at all 4 corners of the main floor of the theatre, and highlighted with red “EXIT” signs
ACCESSIBLE EGRESS: Through the exits at the front of the theatre and then right to the Pine Street building exit
PORTABLE FIRE EXTINGUISHER LOCATIONS:
- Hall way at the front of the theatre
- Back of the auditorium
- Wall behind the stage
City Opera House Fire and Safety Plan
City Opera House Volunteer Emergency Procedures
- In the event of an emergency, please call 911 immediately
- “City Opera House, 106 E. Front St. Traverse City, Mi 49684”
- Remain calm
- Please allow only medical professionals to assist injured or ill patrons
- Please locate of all emergency exits and fire extinguishers where you are stationed and be aware of any safety issues in that area
In Case of Fire:
Activate the nearest fire alarm
Do not re-enter the building until authorized by emergency personnel
- Hold doors for patrons while exiting the building
- Direct patrons out of building to a safe location
- Ensure that all patrons are out of the building before exiting, including checking restrooms and backstage
- Assist persons with disabilities or special needs
- Keep cell phone on you at all times (on mute or vibrate)
- Follow directions of authorities
- Use the nearest exit or, if it is blocked, an alternate exit
- Do not use elevators
If any City Opera House property is damaged during your shift, please notify your Volunteer Manager or City Opera House – House Manager at the time of damage of as soon as you are able.
We thank you for your time and appreciate everything you do!