Volunteering at the Traverse City Film Festival is a rich and rewarding experience unlike anything else. It’s about film. It’s about community. It’s about working with some of the greatest people you’ll ever meet. And there are also some pretty cool perks, too!
- FREE super cool volunteer tshirt
- FREE Volunteer Only Movie on the Monday before the festival
- FREE Volunteer Only Party on the Monday after the festival
- FREE tickets reserved just for volunteers to select screenings
- Discounted merchandise opportunities
Answers to some of the questions about volunteering we hear the most, including the details on SWAG.
2018 VOLUNTEER UPDATES
- (6/29) Lights! Camera! Signup! Volunteer Shifts are Live
- (7/10) TCFF Volunteering from 9 to 5
- (7/19) Life Moves Pretty Fast…So Make Your TCFF Volunteering Plans Now! It’s a TCFF Volunteer Bulletin
- (7/25) Alright, TCFF Volunteers, Are You Ready for Your Close-Up? Credentialing and Important Updates!
- (7/30) TCFF Volunteers Really Tie the Festival (and Room) Together – FREE VOLUNTEER ONLY Screening Tonight!
- (8/2) FREE TCFF Volunteer Tix, Hot Shifts, and More!
2018 VOLUNTEER TRAINING
Answer Squad Training: Monday, July 30 at 5 pm starting at The Kubrick (You’ll get on the bus, get a lot of neat training, and return in time for the 6 pm Volunteer Screening! Yay!)
2018 VOLUNTEER DATES
June 29: Volunteer Shifts Available for Signup
July 27 & 28: Volunteer Credentialing
- Friday, July 27 from 1 – 7 pm | State Theatre
- Saturday, July 28 from 10 am – 2 pm | Festival Office (232 E. Front Street)
July 30: Volunteer Orientation and Screening (“Perfect Bid” 6 pm at The Kubrick at Central Grade)
July 31: TCFF Opening Night!
August 4: Filmmaker vs. Volunteer Softball Game (10 am at the Civic Center baseball fields)
August 6: Volunteer Party (6 – 9 pm at the Front Lawn at the Village of Grand Traverse Commons)
dates are subject to change
Check back for updates including additional meetings, training sessions, locations, and times.
Form Help (PDF)
2018 Volunteer Waiver
2018 MacGuffin (Volunteer Guide)