Join our Volunteer Open House on Thursday, July 11 from 6 – 7pm in Festival Office, 232 E. Front. For more information call 231-392-1134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the Volunteer Open House and available position descriptions here.
Leading the Way
TCFF Opportunities for Managers
Each year hundreds of volunteers from every walk of life collectively contribute their time and talent to create the Traverse City Film Festival, a 6-day celebration of world-class cinema. Among the many volunteers, a few step forward as committed leaders in key positions of greater responsibility or as managers to assist with festival operations.
Our managers tell us they come back because there is no other volunteer experience quite like it — the chance to bond with friends as you work together to create something meaningful in one intense week. If you can spare the time, we can promise you an unforgettable experience—not to mention a few cool perks.
“It was the highlight of my summer!” — Brittany Merenda, Professional Projection Designer, State Theatre Assistant Stage Manager TCFF 2012
We currently have leadership openings in several areas of the festival. Here is a quick overview of elements common to most of these positions:
- Commitment to one shift per day at one location for the duration of the festival
- Shift duration and assignment varies by venue and position
- Managers are often part of a larger team that works together for a venue, location, or event
- Managers are usually responsible for one specific area of operation such as food concession sales, merchandise sales, inside house management (ushering, ticket-taking, hospitality seating, cleanup), box office and ticket sales, outside line management, stage management, special events, or warehouse operations
- Managers often train and coordinate volunteers assigned to their area during the festival
- Some pre-festival meetings and manager training sessions are required
- Leadership assignments are made based on your interests, time commitment, skill set and experience, available positions, and needs of the festival.
There are roles and venues available to meet a variety of interests and commitments including:
- Venue Managers
- Assistant Venue Managers
- Transportation Management
- Volunteer Management
- Signage Management
- Party, Lighting and Teardown Management
- Guest Liaison Team
- Festival Office Volunteers
- Videography Assistant Management and Videographers
- Photography Assistant Management and Photographers
Find open position descriptions here.
- Old Town Playhouse
- Milliken Auditorium
- City Opera House
- Lars Hockstad Auditorium
- Bijou by the Bay (new venue!)
- Dutmers Theater
- TCFF Warehouse
If responsibility, organization, great social skills, fantastic communication, a sense of adventure, a commitment to your community, a passion for cinema, and fun are your middle names, we would love to chat with you about joining our TCFF management team this year.
Please contact us at 231-392-1134 or email@example.com.